Monday, December 12, 2011

We headed up to get our tree this weekend and, as always, enjoyed some neat family time. (Nathan and Kaylee Kelm-- if you're reading this, we thought of you much of the time and the fun we had with you last year. Macy even asked if we could see if you wanted to join us. I guess the distance of Montana to Bolivia hasn't solidified in her mind yet. =) Anyway, it was so much fun and the sledding was fun and FAST which translates in our family to cheers by Marian and tears by Macy. At one point, I had finally convinced Macy to go with me (she felt safer going alone =) and we ended up spinning around and heading FAST backwards with trees on either side. I had to literally hold her down because she was trying to "jump ship." =) Good times. Guess that didn't build her trust and confidence in me. =) 


Here are a few pictures...









As we were hiking up to where we cut down our tree Macy was lagging quite a bit behind us. She rarely lags because she has way more energy than any of us. We kept encouraging her to keep up and eventually Jon mentioned "Just watch out for the mountain lions who like little girls who are not with their Moms." Because the girls know Jon is such a joker, I figured she's say "yeah right, Dad." But, there was silence behind us and we just kept going. All of a sudden Macy runs up to me, and sweetly says "I'm gonna hold your hand, Mama." Problem solved. =)



She's been looking so old to me lately. Kind of makes my heart hurt.  =) 



Love her hat...thanks to Auntie Holly and Auntie Maria.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Tracy,
    We SO enjoyed our tree hunting with you last year too! :) You'll have to tell Macy thanks for the invite. We'll have to take a rain check for the next time we're in MT for Christmas. Love the pics of your family. Miss you guys!
    Merry Christmas!
    Kaylee for all of us

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. . .
    You encouraged my heart by mentioning us! :) It's so nice to know we are not forgotten down here.

    ReplyDelete