Saturday, September 15, 2012

Good Friends

We were blessed by a visit from the Drollingers in August. When Rach called me and said they were coming, I felt my heart "lift" because that's what time with her does for me...it rejuvenates me. The Bible says "as iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another." I feel "sharpened" from being with her. I'm so thankful for my friendship with her and for our husbands friendship with each other. I love watching our kids play together. All my pics are from our berry picking at Rocky Creek Farm, because I can't find Marian's camera right now and the rest are on there. 


Eager to get to the berry-picking =)

...and they're off!

Precious Brighton...sampling the berries

The two "peas-in-a-pod" 

Drew...love this kid like he's my own

Mare

Brighty was so sick and such a trooper!

It was so muddy our shoes were coming off and sticking into the mud!
We didn't wear the smartest shoes. =) 




Cracks me up how her expression looks so grown up and then you see the berries all over her face......hmmm? =)
This next picture needs an introduction....so after we picked our berries, we went to pick apples in another field nearby. The kids were so afraid someone would take our berries that they "hid" them under Rachel's SUV. After we picked the apples we were so focused on getting the mud off everyone's shoes that we got in the car and gave no thought to the berries "hiding" under the car. Rachel backed out of the field (with some serious power I might add...haha), we got back to the Farm's office to pay and suddenly realized, "THE BERRIES!!!" We asked the kids if anyone thought to grab the berries from under the car and the answer was no (except for Sierra's little bucket). We prayed all the way back to the field and this is what we found....




I think we lost 5lbs laughing our heads off in the field. I seriously cannot remember the last time I laughed that hard....we couldn't even talk. The poor kids were watching from the car and were stunned at all their hard work smashed in the grass. Of course these buckets all belonged to the farm, but they were so gracious. They didn't even charge us for the berries (or the buckets) and they gave all the kids otter pops and gave me a free basil plant! 

1 comment:

  1. This post had me laughing outloud about the berries! I haven't laughed that hard in so long either. Your family's friendship is a treasure to us and we love you guys so much. So thankful that the Lord keeps bringing us back to Bozeman!

    ReplyDelete