Saturday, May 21, 2011

Marian's International Feast

Marian's class has been "travelling around the world" to each continent learning SO much about the different continents. To finish off the unit, they had an International Feast where each student brought food from the continent they were assigned and parents joined for the feast. They were also encouraged to dress up like someone from that continent. When I saw that Marian was assigned South America, my first thought was to contact our missionary friends, Nathan and Kaylee Kelm, who are serving in Bolivia. Kaylee was great help in providing me with recipes for the meal as well as ideas for Marian's outfit. Marian dressed as a Quechua woman (with items I had around the house) and even wore a baby doll on her back all day. She had so much fun. Thanks Kaylee for your help and suggestions! The Empanadas turned out great and I'm thinking of adding them to our family meals.

Here are some pictures of Marian's outfit. I wish I had taken a picture of the Empanadas, but it was just too busy that morning. =)












No comments:

Post a Comment