Friday, May 20, 2011

Ten Years

Yesterday, May 19 Jon and I celebrated 10 amazing years of marriage. What a blessing! We are so thankful to the Lord for His faithfulness in our marriage. I am so blessed to be married to my Junior High Sweetheart. It's neat to have so much history with one another; we literally grew up together. Throughout the last ten years, there have been times when I am falling asleep at night that the thought will hit me "I married JON MONTOYA!" I know it seems like a rather obvious thing to think, but I can remember when Jon moved away in eighth grade I didn't know what the future held. (I know, I had my whole life ahead of me then, but I really thought he would be my husband one day. =) I wondered how the Lord would (or even if he would) bring Jon back into my life. I had to hold the desire to marry him loosely and trust the Lord for the future. Fast forward the tape about 17 years...and we are celebrating 10 years of marriage. I consider it an honor and a gift to be Jon's wife. He is amazing and the way he chooses to put the Lord first and to help me grow in my walk with Christ (not to mention his PATIENCE with me as I grow =) is such an example to me. He literally strengthens me and I am thankful to the Lord for the husband he has given to me. I wish I had time to go find a picture of us in junior high, but I don't. =) Maybe later. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment